Monday, November 10, 2008

SOMETHING RAINBOW, SOMETHING UNIQUE

© Dale Guy Madison a.k.a. A Damn Good Man

Saw an old friend on the street
She said today’s your wedding
My heart stopped
The tears dropped
Saw my whole life pass me by

I never ran so fast before
I rushed inside the chapel door
You turned around and heard me call

Congratulations
"You know the California Supreme Court just ruled in our favor, declaring that each of us has the freedom to marry the person we love.
So now it can be me
Cause she’s not the person you love
And there he was, walking down the aisle
& as he passed me by, he turned & he stared
The preacher joined their hands
& all the people began to stand
When I shouted:

"You know the California Supreme Court just ruled in our favor, declaring that each of us has the freedom to marry the person we love.

I don’t have to scream in my pillow at night:
“It should have been me
Instead of her walking with you
Getting ready to marry you”

Then the preacher asked, "Will there be silence, please?
If any objections to this wedding
Speak now or forever, forever hold your peace"
Then I shouted, CAN”T YOU MOTHER FUCKERS HEAR ME?
The California Supreme Court just ruled in our favor, declaring that each of us has the freedom to marry the person we love.

We know those haters gonna try to fight
We can’t let injustice stop our right
So man/ man gal/gal tran/tran
We all can stand

So down the aisle I'll walk with you
Just to hear the words I do
All of our life we will be
Man & Man till eternity

Something fabulous, something chic
Something rainbow, something unique
I am yours to cherish and behold
With this little band of gold

So I do
Take you for the rest of my life
Through HIV tests and Starbucks addictions
Through good times and through bad
For richer or for poor
To cherish and to love
We kissed and then we became man and man

Baby
Years from now we'll never regret
Oh, how could we forget
All the prides we marched
All the petitions we signed
All the vows we made
Until death do we part

No comments:

Post a Comment